Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 37 - Tuesday - Fort Cochin

At breakfast I met Greg and a French couple we had met in previously in Hampi. They were on the 8 month of their world journey. Lovely couple that seemed very much in love. After Greg left I headed to the internet cafe. A moment later Peter joined me. I caught up on Bebo, Facebook and the sort. Later myself and Ian headed to the pastry cafe. Yes, we are pigs. Although you got to taste those pastries. When we got back Aidan and Eoghan got up. They both looked wrecked and Aidan didn't feel the best. I checked out about the day backwater tour. Feeling tired I headed to the room and fell asleep for for four hours. All those early mornings had finally caught up.

I awoke just after 4pm. Everyone was gone so feeling a bit lonely I went off in search of them. I thought they might have headed to the martial arts act they had discussed going to during the previous day. No. So, I walked around for a bit. Realised I had no money and I was hungry I got some travellers cheques changed. Headed to a museum we had seen the first day we arrived. It was filed with religious items. I photographed the one that has become the symbol for me of the church. Decided food was in order and headed to Coffee Day and met the lads as they were walking back. Aidan joined me. We didn't eat as the food looked really mediocre. Headed back to the internet. Three of us plus Greg went for dinner in the Old Courtyard on Princess St. Highly recommend. Ian and Peter went to the Malabar House for Tapas. Ian had eaten there for lunch and said they were not to be missed.

We all headed to another classical concert. Really didn't work. The zitar player was amazing although the drummer jut didn't seem to suit the performance. Everyone kind of felt the same about it and left feeling quite disappointed. We headed to have our evening chat in our Special Tea restaurant. Greg didn't join us. We got a lot of stuff out in the plate that was probably needed. Headed back to our rooms. Myself and Ian sat up for hour chatting and laughing about watered powered engines and government conspiracies. Fell asleep around 3 or 4am. Not quite sure.




No comments: